Monday, April 7, 2008

Inside Alameda

I was driving home today thinking about life. I know that most of you who read this are people I am going to talk about in this blog. Others of you will never meet these people. I have worked with some pretty cool staff’s in my time in ministry. To be honest there are days that I really miss the guys and girls that I used to work with, but you know I would not trade the people I work with now for anything. I really wish everyone who doesn’t work in the Alameda office could experience a little of that life. So I am going to give you a little glimpse into the personalities as I see them.

Rusty- He is the leader, and to be honest one of the most talented preachers I have ever worked with (Rusty don’t tell Shon and Kent that there ego’s couldn’t take it)! He is so passionate about his family, ministry and Alameda. Anyone who talks with him can see his passion for God and ministry. He has one of the best laughs I have ever heard. He will tell you that he can be a bit of a nerd, but there is a little bit of a wild side in there and I feel it is my calling to bring it out! As I have told him before the rest of the staff makes him so much cooler then he would be if we were not around. All joking aside I will stand beside him anytime as my leader, brother and friend!

Six (The big Indian)- Darrin and I fight like two brother should, but to be honest I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love joking with him he makes my life fun all the time. Truthfully he has been a great friend for a lot of years, and I have met very few people who have as many talents in ministry as this guy. He can be just as passionate as Rusty and I but he also knows when to play it cool. Just so you know I have to say these nice things about Six because I am pretty sure he could and may kill me someday.

O- She was the X factor when I started working at Alameda. I was pretty sure she didn’t like me at all. She has become the mom figure I wished I would have had growing up. She is so spiritual and when she speaks I listen because she is so wise. I got to be honest because I work with teens people over 55 usually freak me out. Not O like I have told her she is the coolest old lady I have ever met. In my opinion she is one of the best ministers to people in the Church today.

Mike- Is ether the scariest or funniest guy I have ever been around. He is the only person that can tease me and I have absolutely no come back for. At least I think its teasing if its not I will go the scariest guy I know. All kidding aside he may have the toughest job of all of us and handles it so well. I have never met anyone who didn’t respect Mike including myself and he really does make ministry easy for me.

Jenny- Is one of the best assistants I have ever been around. Trust me I have been around some good ones. I just wish she was my assistant!! She understands ministry and she pays attention to what is important. She keeps us all in line and I love her since of humor. Most of all she is a great friend I don’t know where my wife would be without her. Brian and Jenny truly love youth ministry which makes them so important to what I do. There have been a lot of good things and people that have made my first few months at Alameda work but none of been more important them Brian and Jenny, and I will always love them for that.

Pam- In all honesty Pam is talented enough to be making millions, it’s just lucky for all of us she loves ministry more then money! She is the reason why anything we do looks good. She is one of the craziest, funniest people I have ever met and I love her for it! She makes life so much fun. She is also one of the most kind, gentle, loving and spiritual people I know. I sometimes forget how young she is because she puts life into perspective for me in so many ways. She is so many different peoples rock I just hope we as a staff can be a rock for her when she needs it.

Me where do I fit in? Well I am a calming influence that keeps everybody from getting to crazy! Please, if you believe that I got some swamp land to sell you. I am just blessed to work with this crazy group that loves God and people so much. We are all where we are for a reason and that is so cool!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Awwww. I'm tearing up, J. That was a really cool post. Thanks for lying to make me look good. You're the best. And just for the record, this IS the coolest staff ever.

Amanda said...

Calming influence my foot! Just wanted to let you know I have joined your little blog cult, so market me, will ya! Love you!