Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A little Definition Time

Ok first let me say I have the best wife ever! If you want to read about how she surprised me for my b-day read her blog. It was the best night I have had in a long time! Now on to what I am writing about. Since I have been working at a new place a lot of people have pointed out that I have some words of phrases I use regularly. I never really thought about it before but I guess that is true. So I thought I would give you definition of “Jeremyism.”

Jacker- This word is used in the same way the phrase “jacking around” would be. Someone who is really goofing off, they are a jacker! (Ex. Any 7th grade boy’s behavior)

Spanker- This is a little stronger then jacker, pretty much anything that a kid does that is still goofing around, but could get spanked for. (Ex. A student in my youth group a few years ago was sleep walking and peed on me in the middle of that night. That kid is a spanker!)

Sweet- A word used by a lot of people just means it cool

Sweet Daddy- My favorite phrase in the world!! It means something really good. (Ex. The burger I had for lunch was sweet daddy.”

Holy Ned- Basically means I can’t believe that just happened! (Ex. Holy Ned did that kid really say that in Bible class!)

Sweet Sassy Melassy- Something that is beyond cool I mean a lot better the sweet daddy. (Ex. The new TV Amanda just purchased is sweet sassy melassy!)

Glorious!- The voice tone is everything with this word it is the best of the best; although there are times where it can be use sarcastically again its all about voice tone. (Ex. The Bon Jovi concert last night was GLORIOUS!!!!!)

Tool Shed- Somebody who is a real big dork! (Ex. Again 7th grade boy behavior)

Door #3- This one is classified if you’re in full-time ministry I will tell you later.

Wow I guess I do have a lot of words. Feel free to use them at your discretion just please use them in the proper settings.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Ned! I can't believe you put this on your blog you Spanker! Sweet Sassy Molassy! Your wife plans a Glorious birthday. How'd she end up with a toolshed like you?

How'd I do?

OutsidersIn said...

Oh man, I miss hearing you say Holy Ned! or Seth saying glorious. You forgot sweet action, or maybe you don't say that any more. My "Jeremyism" of choice is tool shed, which no one in Tennessee has ever heard and they look at me like I'm growing horns when I say it. That obviously doesn't stop me...

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahah. i read this and almost peed myself.

i have only heard, "derek! you SPANKER!" or "dominic, you're a TOOL SHED!" or "you JACKERS! stop foolin' around!"

Cris said...

holy ned i miss you and your jeremyisms. t minus 1 month (that's a caitlin fine-ism) till I'm in the great state of Oklahoma again. tell me which day of the week after memorial day i can drive down to norman and you can take me to lunch/dinner or both? haha. i'll plan everything else around it. and it will be SWEET DADDY.